[Public-List] Electric Aux power

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Dec 5 04:44:56 PST 2008

Good morning Peter -

Here are David's email co-ordinates...

 David E Moncton <dem at MIT.EDU>

His yacht AMANDA is quite a remarkable vessel. I was aboard for a trip under
electric power off Cape Cod in her last season.  My deepest impression was
the silent power available while maneauvring up to a wharf.  In 'nueatral',
there was utter silence - no comforting rumble of the engine.  In gear ahead
or reverse there was only the sound of the shaft in the stern bearing.  The
amount of power available was quite startling - more like the A4 with
instant torque as opposed to a diesel that has to run up to speed.

I am sure David will tell you more.

Gord