[Public-List] Electric Aux power

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue Dec 9 06:34:09 PST 2008

Some time ago I found a company making a similar electric propulsion water
pod (sorry, did a quick search and couldn't find it) and thought it was
pretty cool because a lot of the weight seems to move down (beats replacing
your cast iron keel with lead, Gord).  With one on each side, in close
quarters the barkey might handle like those twin screw sport fishing boats
(OK, that might be a bit of a stretch).  I just wonder what impact the added
wetted surface and 2 propellers would have boat speed under sail.

Perhaps electric power is getting more feasible.  More quiet and less stink
sure are appealing.

Roger 148