[Public-List] sculling

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 12:12:04 PST 2008

Perhaps using the winches as thole pins and the longest "idiot sticks" available.  Also face forward so you can really lean into it and steer with your feet.  I've rowed this way and it isn't too bad.  That said, this subject really makes me love the smell of diesel exhaust more than before.

Thinking about using a bicycle pedal system for power made me think about the old hand and pedal crank generators for military radios, like the Angry 9.  Not a pleasant memory - pass the Aleve please.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs.