[Public-List] Review Please

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Fri Feb 1 08:45:34 PST 2008

Dear Alberg Enthusiasts,

    You may be aware that the Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30 Association runs
a series of 4 Seminars every February. We discuss the upcoming racing
and cruising season, and we bring in interesting speakers on aspects of
sailing, racing, cruising, the Bay and other topics.

   Our first Seminar is tomorrow ! Sorry for the late invitation, but we
would like to invite non-members to come and see what the A30
Association is and does, and enjoy some interesting talks.

    The Seminars are open to members for free. If you are not a member,
we will have membership forms and someone to take your membership fee of
$45 at each Seminar. Note that you must own an Alberg 30 to join. If you
don't own an Alberg but still want to come, you may come to the seminar
for a $15 fee.

   Note that members are also invited to the after party which is hosted
at a different association member's home each Saturday, and you will get
to come to the rest of the seminars for free (not to mention all the
other benefits of membership such as receiving The Mainsheet).    If you
have any questions, please email me directly (mmeinhold at comcast.net).

   Here is the 2008 Seminar Schedule.

Cruising	Sat. 02 Feb	1PM-4PM	Bay Ridge Clubhouse
Trish Lehman  / Cruising Schedule
Loretta Lodge  / Cooking Aboard (with demos!) Yoga for Sailors
Afterparty : Towney and Joan

Potpourri	Sat. 09 Feb	1PM-4PM	Eastport Public Library
Dr. Tuck Hines, SERC / Invasive Species
Dr. Eric Johnson, SERC / Blue Crab Enhancement Afterparty : The Menuccis

Racing	Sat. 16 Feb	2PM-5PM	Eastport Public Library
Tim Williams / Racing Schedule
Will Keyworth, North Sails / Sail Trim
Afterparty : The Severn Sailing Association hosted by J Bergquist (DO
NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 5:30 PM)

Maintenance	Sat. 23 Feb 1PM-4PM	Eastport Public Library
Member Maintenance Topics
The A30 Maintenance Panel / Stump The Panel Afterparty : The Meinholds

Directions to Bay Ridge Clubhouse:
Take Rte. 50 to Rte. 665 East/Aris T. Allen Blvd.  Follow Rte. 665,
which will become Forest Drive. Continue on Forest Drive and it will
become Bay Ridge Road.  Continue on Bay Ridge Road, pass through the
stone pillars as you enter Bay Ridge Community (the road is now
Farragut) and turn Left onto E. Lake Drive.  Follow E. Lake when it
bears Right.  The Club house will be a short distance ahead on your
Left.  Note: it is just over 6 miles from Rte. 50 to the turn for E.
Lake Drive.

Directions to the Eastport Public Library:
Take Rte. 50 to Rte. 665 East/Aris T. Allen Blvd.  Follow Rte. 665,
which will become Forest Drive. Continue on Forest Drive until you reach
the intersection with Bay Ridge Road/Hillsmere Drive. There is an Exxon
gas station on the right.  Turn right  and the library is about 100
yards ahead on the left.  Note: it is just over 4 miles from Rte. 50 to
Hillsmere Drive.

Contact me with any questions.

Mike Meinhold
Fleet Captain