[Public-List] Rescue of 'Touch Wood'

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Feb 21 08:15:39 PST 2008

Wow Michael, that's great.

I should temper my emotion with a pro-Alberg story; when we first got the
A30 we were waking up one morning in a bay up the coast, all of us lying in
our berths; two sons in the forecabin, Caroline and I in the main cabin.  I
started the day complaining that I didn't like the open space above me (the
Folkboat was a wooden womb) I had nowhere to hang my glasses, the reading
light was not like the other boat, I missed the smell of linsead oil and
varnish, the water outside didn't have that clicking chuckle you get with a
clinker hull... Caroline interrupted me and said flatly 'run your hand over
your sleeping bag; its raining and we are dry'.

I shut up.

;) Gord