[Public-List] Removal Of A4 Engine beds

Derrick Serrer cptn_derrick at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 17 09:54:00 PST 2008

Hello all,
  I am looking for a couple of answers before I dive into this and I am hoping someone can help. My A30 is still sitting in her slip and this point could be very important :-)
  I want to grind out the old steel engine beds this weekend (engine is long gone) in preparation for the new beds for the diesel I purchased. My questions are how deep are the old beds glassed into the hull? How thick is the hull at this point? What is my margin of error in removing these beds? I do not want to be making a quick dash to have her hauled out if I grind too deep, especially with no motor...:-)
  Any other advice would be appreciated!
  Thanks
  Derrick
  Mara #127