[Public-List] Fw: wash stand in the head

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 11:17:02 PST 2008

Dave,

  I would second think allowing the basin to drain into the bilge.  My thought is that bilges are for rain water and leaks to drain into, and that one does not specifically direct anything into the bilge.  Others on this list have commented on rather nasty odors comming from the bilge when other than the above is drained into them.  The bilge is difficult if not impossible to clean thoroughly.  Lets say some guest flushes food debris down your basin and it ends up in the blige, once starting to rot it will stink to high heaven.  Locating this mess and then sanitizing will not be an easy task.

  I would not drain gray water into the bilge.

  My two cents,

  Michael

Dave Terrell <dterrell at message.nmc.edu> wrote:
  Jonathon,

Scandvik does not help us out as much as they could. The sink # is 10923. The drain is 10306, The sink will be drained into the hole that leads to the bilge.

At Defender the price for the basin is about $74.00; the price for the drain is $19.99. Defender uses scandvik's numbers as well as their own part number.

If all goes well, for $100 and some loose change I will have a useful and maybe silightly elegant washstand when I finish.

Hope this helps. Ask any questions if you like. If anyone more experiences sees something problematic in this plan, let me know.

David

>>> Jonathan Adams 01/05/08 10:17 AM >>>

David,

Which Scanvik model was the one you chose? On the Scanvik page, I could not find the whole assembly - do you plan on making the base, or am I just not able to find the thing .