[Public-List] Proper Sail numbers

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 22 07:19:15 PST 2008

Hello,

  You have answered your own question when you mentioned that Sirius Hull #222 ........................................  There should be only one Hull #222.  The sail number typically matches the Hull #.  What you need to be certain of is that the number that you use is unique.  In early production I believe that there were two hull numbers being the same; one for Canadian registered boats followed by CA and one for U.S. Registered boats using just the number.  This practice stopped some where around Hull numbers 40 to 50?  Someone else can be more specific.

  I have Hull# 133 with sails numbered #133.  Some previous owner of your boat purchased used sails from a newer boat and did not remove the newer numbers.

  Michael

SwiftLaw at aol.com wrote:
  Sirius Hull # 222 is coming back from her crash on the rocks in October of
2006.

(Yard Boss said if she was a C& C, Columbia or any of the newer boats I
could have used a shovel to put her in the dumpster piece by piece )

New Sails this year _query?

The numbers on my sails seem random. Is there a way that I can determine the
proper sail number for my boat ??

tswift