[Public-List] Cabin Parts

Jody and Larry woodrat at citynet.net
Tue Jul 15 05:51:34 PDT 2008

Hello Alberbergers:

New to the list, and am in a negotiation for an early style boat.  The broker is not an expert on the boat in general or this hull in particular.  The current owner is apparently unavailable for consultation.  I have two questions (actually about a million but I will restrain myself momentarily):

1.  There is no table or mounting pipe gizmo in evidence.  Is this a real problem or is there an easy way around this?  (i.e., build a table that folds up to the bulkhead?)

2.  There is no ladder/stair set between the cockpit and the first level which is a flat work space adjacent to the galley.  I about took a header the first time I tried to go below.  Is the ladder simply missing or were the early boats delivered without them?  I hope this can be fabricated...?  My first mate has a vague feel that the same amount of money would buy a bigger/more modern boat, that she could actually move from the cabin to the cockpit without rock wall climbing equipment!  (Should also add we are approaching geezer status and not as sprightly as we once were.)  As for me, I think the Alberg 30 is the most beautiful fiberglass boat ever built and I want one!