[Public-List] Portholes

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sat Jul 5 18:56:43 PDT 2008

On Jul 5, 2008, at 4:30 PM, C.B. Currier wrote:

> didn't know that any A30 came original with the small portlights as
> portholes. you probably want to check that & see if a PO didn't
> retrofit.
> then see if you can repair or replace.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere (in my PO's paperwork?) that opening
ports were optional in the forward areas.  For example, my boat has one
opening port (in the head), and the other three are fixed.  It think it
was mentioned how a "feature" of the openers was that the outside trim
ring matched the non-openers in appearance (it does).

One other note that supports this:  I was reading someone's refit diary
and they were saying "Huh, our notes show that the previous owner of
our boat replaced three of the forward ports but not four; that's odd!"
  They ended up with four opening ports, so my guess is that the boat -
like mine - was ordered with one opening port and so that one was not
replaced, but the other three were.

Rachel
1967 Alberg 30, #221