[Public-List] Cabin Parts

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Jul 16 09:19:30 PDT 2008

SURPRISE has the folding step.  It is convenient but it has occurred to me
that it may be a little under-engineered.  On the other hand it has served
the boat well for 40 years...

The only change we made to our companionway was the addition of a hefty
bronze handle on the aft face of the companionway hatch slider.  I installed
it to make pulling the slider closed easier, but we found its real value was
making getting in and out a lot more elegant.

Gord #426