[Public-List] Rudder Repairs (yes, another thread, possibly another ruder variation)

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Wed Jul 16 21:37:09 PDT 2008

George,

I realize you didn't mean any harm by pasting my text onto the web
page, and I'm not necessarily averse to sharing information (as I hope
is clear on the list).  I would just like to be asked "Please"
beforehand.  To me, a post to the list isn't quite the same (in a
definitive way) as something on a web site.  If I were to write
something for the web page, it would be a bit more carefully
considered, and probably more accurate.  I would probably choose not to
put my name to it, but boat number would be fine.

I dashed that rudder info off in rather a hurry, because it sounded
like Andy was needing to make a decision really soon, and I could just
imagine him checking e-mail every five minutes (like I have been known
to do).  It was mostly accurate, but I would definitely change some
things for "publication." An e-mail is just... an e-mail, and in my
mind doesn't carry the same weight, even if someone does find it by
searching (that may just be me, but at least I'll stick to it for my
own writing).

How about if you remove my previous info from the web page (maybe you
already have; I haven't checked as I was.... working on my boat :), and
I'll type up a better version and send it to you along with some
photos.  I sure wish I'd had something to look at while I was pondering
my rudder, so I don't want to withhold info from other people in my
situation.

Does that sound good?

Rachel