[Public-List] Joe's book One Less travelled..

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Jul 16 21:55:08 PDT 2008

Henry Hilliard wrote:
> I may have missed a string discussing Joe's  book "One Less Traveled:
> Owning a Classic Plastic Sailboat" .I  (as I imagine many of you
> also) have that wonderful photo of Joe  steaming along somewhere in
> the Caribbean. I would like to purchase the book. The only place I
> see it for sale on the web is at  Ship Store by Latitudes & Attitudes
> Magazine and although they are a fine publication I find the
> principle of charging a shipping  UPS ground rate (with their
> undisclosed handling fee)  of $10+  for a $13 book a little stiff. On
> the other hand I would happily pay that fee if the Alberg 30 store
> carried it.
>
> Has anyone bought the book recently? Maybe I'm quibbling here, maybe
> the book is bigger heavier than I think. Prolblem is I can find no
> more than a sentence about on the bok on the web. It would be foun to
> read a review. Can anyone help me here?

Henry, as far as I know, Latitudes and Attitudes bought all the
remaining copies of Joe's book.  Unless you can find a used copy, I
think you'll have to deal with them.  Perhaps if you talk with them,
they can ship is some way less expensive than UPS.  USPS Priority mail
should be less than $5, I think.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.