[Public-List] Yanmar 2qm15 Idle question

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 17 08:20:39 PDT 2008

I don't have a tach on mine so I can't help you, but it
should idle at around 600 or so RPM.

Fuel and air are what makes a diesel run-I would look at
the shut off fittings on top of the fuel pump. On mine
there is a wire clamp that makes the whole thing work as
part of the throttle control (it increases resistance in
the cable control, I think), I bet something in yours has
slipped.

MichaelGrosh