[Public-List] Mast Beam Variation

laserandy at aol.com laserandy at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 08:22:47 PDT 2008

While J and I get along great but agree on virtually nothing, I have to agree with him on the mast beam support.? There are a lot of things on the boat I have not gotten my hands on yet which give me varying levels of cause for concern (the rudder being the immediate one), however one of the previous owners did do a fantastic job with the aluminum sister plates, painted them white, and other than the occasional bump on the head where a slightly more rounded beam might be preferable, I NEVER worry about my mast beam as a potential failure point.? There are 1,000 other things that will break first.

I've been on other (non-Alberg) boats with a similar style laminated mast support, they all sag, they all make me very nervous, and I for one am glad I don't have that issue to worry about.?

Andrew
Andante - 152