[Public-List] Mast Beam Variation

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Thu Jul 17 08:40:42 PDT 2008

Andrew,

I too am grateful for my sisters (even the one my parents had).  Although I
like the structural appearance of the aluminum, I suppose one could dress
them up by adding wood trim on top; preferably a soft, even spongy wood
(cork?).  Actually, I am thinking of mounting one of those brightly colored,
closed cell foam "noodles" the kids use in the pool to the bottom of my
beam.  Just cut 90 degrees of the cylinder out and apply the remainder 3/4
round to the bottom of either side.  The savings on Band Aids alone could
pay for them in less than a year.

Roger 148