[Public-List] Posting or not posting to the list

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 12:55:09 PDT 2008

Hello all,

My boat #133 has been far away from big water in Indianapolis for the entire time that I have been a member of the CBAA.  I believe that some of my $50.00 membership fee goes to support that fine association.  They have also produced a Maintenance Manual which mostly only members know about.............this manual will help any Alberg 30 owner from having to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the care and feeding of the boat.  When I took the time to visit Annapolis several years ago I was hosted for a week by one of the member families and was able to sail and race on two of their boats.  Traveling to Toronto one summer I was able to participate in the Canadian/American Friendship races and have made some life/long friends.  These are the type of folks that give you the warm and fuzzies each time you think of them.  The type of warm and fuzzies I get when I spy an Alberg 30 in a marina at any port anywhere or on a mooring.

My boats are insured via Boat U.S. and membership in the CBAA provides a 50% discount on my Boat U.S. membership each and every year.   Needless to say I have gotten my monies worth, if I were to think of it that way.  My Alberg 30 is a big part of who I am.  I like to think that I am offering some support to a group of like thinkers, who not only understand the boat but also the soul, karma, Zen, etc..................of being aboard one of these boats.

Once you have been aboard............either in light air or heavy............you will know what I mean.

The CBAA and the GLAA represent the "Collective" family and emotion of the boat.  Both of these groups nurture the future welfare of the boat and for that reason if none other I will support them as I can.

Michael     % Lorrie Rose

From: Gail DeMoss <gdemoss at alberg30.org>