[Public-List] Folkboat roots of the A30

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Jul 31 06:01:03 PDT 2008

Good morning Jeff -

George has put the pictures up on the A30 site...

 http://alberg30.org/boat/A30vsFolkboat

TOUCH WOOD KC16 was one of the Danish Folkboats Kurt Hansen brought over
into Canada when he was first getting into the boat business.  Her name then
was ZANNE and her Danish number was D49.  The Danish Folkboat Association
list shows her leaving the Royal Copenhagen Yacht Club in '57 and under
location reads 'gone to Amerika'.  (Don't Canadians just hate that!)

She came to Toronto's National Yacht Club and was bought from Hansen by Pat
Talbot - one of the first Folkboats in North America.  The direct link to
the A30 was the Canadian Folkboat Association's committee of NYC members
going back to Hansen and challenging him to come up with a larger successor
to the Folkboat; Hansen went to Alberg and our A30 was the response.

I owned TOUCH WOOD from '79 to 99...and as I wrote on the list last winter,
got her back in March of this year.

Gord #426