[Public-List] Cabin Parts

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Tue Jul 15 07:17:14 PDT 2008

Jody and Larry

As to a differnt design for the table, Jacque built a terrific table to replace the original one. If you scroll back on this list you will find an exchange between us on this topic. He provided excellent pictures. If you can not find them, let me know and I wlll see that you get them.

It is hard to believe that the "stairs" are missing. Why they would be elsewhere is hard guess, but building a new set of stairs would be very easy, even for a non-mechanic like me.

You wife is correct: you can find a roomier boat for about the same money, but it is hard to find a better and better looking boat. They sail well in light wind, moderate wind, and heavy wind. Not  many boats can make that claim.

David,432, Scholarship II

>>> "Jody and Larry" <woodrat at citynet.net> 07/15/08 8:50 AM >>>
Hello Alberbergers:

New to the list, and am in a negotiation for an early style boat.  The broker is not an expert on the boat in general or this hull in particular.  The current owner is apparently unavailable for consultation.  I have two questions (actually about a million but I will restrain myself momentarily):

1.  There is no table or mounting pipe gizmo in evidence.  Is this a real problem or is there an easy way around this?  (i.e., build a table that folds up to the bulkhead?)

2.  There is no ladder/stair set between the cockpit and the first level which is a flat work space adjacent to the galley.  I about took a header the first time I tried to go below.  Is the ladder simply missing or were the early boats delivered without them?  I hope this can be fabricated...?  My first mate has a vague feel that the same amount of money would buy a bigger/more modern boat, that she could actually move from the cabin to the cockpit without rock wall climbing equipment!  (Should also add we are approaching geezer status and not as sprightly as we once were.)  As for me, I think the Alberg 30 is the most beautiful fiberglass boat ever built and I want one!