[Public-List] Mast Beam Variation

Jeffrey Fongemie jeffrey at fongemie.com
Thu Jul 17 07:13:58 PDT 2008

Thanks for the input guys.  I'm fairly confident in my abilities,
however I don't want to undertake days of needless work.

At this point I'm just exploring the possibilities. At first glance,
it would appear that the aluminum plates are just a patch, without
solving the actual problem. However, if scores of people have done
this with complete success perhaps it is the answer.

I know this, while I've not even put my alberg in the water yet (hope
she floats), I tend to sail my boats hard and the last thing I want is
be worrying about the beam.

Question: is "The Washington Aluminum Company" the place to get the
plates still? Anyone have any recent costs for these?

-jeff