[Public-List] Lazy jacks

Jacques TN jdusseault at synergem.org
Thu Jun 5 15:43:52 PDT 2008

RE: Lazy Jacks

I have had my lazy jacks on and off over the last number of years.  I am not
sure the are worth the trouble??  I was considering what I should do in the
future.  I had an idea that I would like to check with the rest of you.  I
was thinking that that one could possibly string a line from the leach of
the upper batten (full batten sail) down through loops at the leach end of
each of the battens and bring the line, using a pulley along the boom, to
the mast.  The line could then be tightened when lowering the sail and
loosened when the sail is up.  It seems to me that with the line tightened
when the sail was dropped it should flake reasonably well onto the boom????
Has anyone ever tried this approach.  It would be a lot simpler then my past
attempts.  I would be interested in your opinions????

Jacques
Kilwinning #446