[Public-List] The commute

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 7 19:49:02 PDT 2008

Isa Lei returned to home station at 2030 this evening.  We had planned to stop in Solomons for the night, but with the hot forecast and the thunderstorms, we decided to push on through.  The day started with dense fog, then it thinned as we left Smith Creek but returned as we left the Potomac.  It come in like Maine and visibility was about 200 yards until we reached Point No Point.  It improved to about a mile.  Of course the heat wasn't like Maine and the winds were from 0 - 6, generally from the south.  70 mile motor run, it really makes one appreciate a good autopilot.

The trip was very worthwhile and one we intend to repeat.  From the day we arrived till we left we caught every thunderstorm that came through the District.  Some had hail and all had too much wind and rain.  I'm happy to report no anchors drug and everything came through in good shape.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair."

George S. Patton