[Public-List] Cockpit combings- Taffrail

Jeffrey Fongemie jeffrey at fongemie.com
Fri Jun 13 07:35:40 PDT 2008

Thanks Tom.

I did the Taffrail myself.  I made a mold of the stern deck out wood, then
laminated three mahogany boards onto it. It took three tries to get the
curve of the mold correct, spring back proved difficult to calculate for.
Prototypes were done in pine.  Once I had the crown curve, I laminated using
the mahogany, then cut the horizontal curve on a bandsaw.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie/TaffrailProject

I was also missing the metal trim that hides the seam between the transom
and the back deck so I filled that in and repainted when I had the taffrail
off.

All the images can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie

-Jeff