[Public-List] Calling all Georgian Bay A30's

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Jun 19 07:55:39 PDT 2008

Oh it's worse.

Another year, the skipper of one boat detailed a crew member to bring the
meat for them to cook on the big grill on the beach.  The crew bought the
food, but then hid it on another boat, telling the skipper that they had
forgotten to bring anything.

At the barbeque the crew went to the boat they had hidden the food aboard
and 'borrowed' their meat back. Sadly, there was not a fifth steak for the
skipper.  It was suggested he go to another boat to see if they had anything
to spare; unfortunately they had none.  Nor had any other boat.

Secretly, Brian's crew had spread word 'don't give Brian any food'.  One of
them produced a single hot dog on a stale bun which Brian sadly sat down
with beside us.  Brian seemed calmly resigned to his sad fate until he saw
somebody who had just told him there was no spare food, giving Brian's own
dog a nice steak.  The look on his face was perfect - a picture of hungry
dejection, outrage and complete disbelief.   He jumped up and and was about
to yell  - then realized a joke was being played.

It is really a fun family event - some people come just for the anchorage
and beach activity.

Gord