[Public-List] Autopilot

Theodore M. Liszczak tedliszczak at metrocast.net
Sun Jun 22 14:22:53 PDT 2008

After 14 years my Navico TP 5000 stopped working. I often sail alone,
therefore need to secure the tiller while the Atomic 4 heads up wind to
raise the sails. The autopilot was my means of accomplishing the task In
addition when sailing long distances it relieved the boredom of being
"glued to the tiller".
There only seem to be two tiller mounted autopilots, the Simrad TP22 and
the Raymarine ST2000 appropriate for a 9000 lb. Alberg. Or am I
incorrect? Is anyone happy with  the ST2000? Would you buy it again? Is
there any that you would prefer over the ST2000 like the Simrad?

Sincerely,

Freedom
A-30
Hull #345