[Public-List] Rudder stuffing box

MOIRAEIII at aol.com MOIRAEIII at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 07:44:32 PDT 2008

Tom,
Several years ago, while under 'iron jib,' I had water coming from the rudder
post into the cockpit. I removed the cap and wrapped the shaft with flax and
replaced the cap. I noticed at the time that there was not a 'proper' stuffing
box arrangement. I now use the water immigration as a max speed indicator
while under power.

My hull # 283 was built in 1967 so 1966 for #222 seem about right.
Capn Randy

In a message dated 6/24/2008 12:22:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,