[Public-List] Rudder stuffing box

Tom Swift swiftlaw at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 21:22:23 PDT 2008

2 years ago Sirius let go in the October blow here in Padanaram harbor. I was hulled and had to sever the rudder post with a sawsall. I have had the rudder rebuilt from one 12 foot piece of 1" bronze.? I dry fit her yesterday and some old stuffing material emerged. I see no stuffing box at all. Did I loose it ?? Any ideas what to do ?? She is hull #222 BTW that makes her 1966 I believe.

Thanks

Tom Swift
800-900-7711