[Public-List] Bulkhead through companionway?

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Tue Mar 11 11:12:04 PDT 2008

Okay, so I finally freed my main bulkhead from the deckbeam etc. with
some trimming and assorted implements of destruction.

I'm starting to think my Alberg is 'different'.

Anyway, now it appears the  bulkhead won't fit out through the
companionway. Has anyone else run into this?  I'm hoping I just needed a
lunch break and when I go back I will see the light and it will fit ;). I
really don't mind cutting it up but I figure this also means the new one
won't fit back in.

Cheers,
                Andy
                #477 'Savannah Rose'
                St. Mary's River, MD

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging
sails.
There are faraway places and the ever changing light, and the silence,
and a
great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Ferenc Maté