[Public-List] track car slides

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Wed Mar 5 23:02:02 PST 2008

Bill,

I don't know the specifics on Delrin, but Starboard and the like do not
"take" caulk well at all, so that might be a consideration (that would
cause me not to use it).  And although I believe there is some UV
resistance built into StarBoard, I'm not sure about cutting boards.
StarBoard type products are also subject to "creep" under loads,
although that probably wouldn't be an issue here.

If you don't want to use wood, you could also consider some of the
pre-made fiberglass "board" sold by places like McMaster Carr.

Rachel