[Public-List] Bulkhead through companionway?

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Wed Mar 12 06:06:02 PDT 2008

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your input. Reading your notes made me realize I slightly
mispoke. I work on wooden boats so that tends to slip into my
terminology. To truly transfer load to the "keel" on an Alberg you would
actually have to move the companionway to starboard so the compression
post would be on centerline (which I believe at least one person has
done). I plan to glue/bolt in as broad a piece of timber (a step as it
were)as will fit below the post to spread the load around as much as
possible on that area.

Hope this is a little clearer.

Andy~