[Public-List] Alberg 30 Circumnavigation Salsa #504

Peter Hurrey phurrey at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 14 04:17:15 PDT 2008

Peter, was interesting to read about your restoration. Our boats are close
relatives. I also am trying to find info about Rocinante hull 540 - In 1999
she belonged to a bloke in LA, was fitted up to sail to Oz and apparently 2
young brothers sailed her here, sold her to a bloke in Sydney and I have
just purchased her. She needs work, but is basically in good nick. There is
also another Alberg 30 that was up my way and has just headed south to
Sydney, so I will try and find her details. A fellow barrister who lives on
a Westsail 32 told me about her and raved about her. I loved sailing in
Canadian waters, and did alot of racing over there. I remember getting
knocked down (broached under full spinnaker) about 30 nm off Van Isl on a
J33 in the Van Isle 360  on the leg to Tofino- was alot of fun. There was
some discussion about racers cruisers that got out of hand - funny, here
racers go out when mere mortals exercise common sense - remember the Sydney
Hobart in 99 - for the bloke doing his circumnavigation, can't go past
recommending what Lyn and Larry Pardey said in 'Storm Tactics' - also in my
view backed by Coles "heavy Weather Sailing' - prefer to heave to rather
than run anytime. Then again, talked to many who never had a bad day at sea
on the journey here.

Regards,

Peter Hurrey BA LLM
Barrister-at-Law
Mediator/FDR Practitioner

Phone:  07 5443 1052
Fax:   07 5443 1937
Mobile: 0429 705 067

PO Box 690 Maroochydore Qld 4558

Chambers: Inns of Court Sunshine Coast
Level 2 'Ocean Central' 2 Ocean Street Maroochydore Qld 4558

Website: innssc.com.au

Important Notice:
This email contains confidential information intended only for the use of
the named recipient. It may also be subject to professional privilege; if
you are not the named recipient any disclosure, copying or use of the
contents of this Email is prohibited. If you have received this Email in
error please notify me by telephone on 0429 705 067 as soon as possible and
delete this communication.