[Public-List] Mast Beam on #116

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 29 07:46:10 PDT 2008

Jeffery,

  From the photos I don't see any aluminum plates fastened to the face of the original beam.  I can see that some of the laminations have separated, you can see the dark lines of the air space or cracked paint evident. The knee brackets underneath the beam at the door jamb are not original.  What I have found is that the beam collapses more in the center, i.e., flattens rather than the entire beam lowering toward the sole. Thus the knee brackets at the door jamb really don't help that much to correct the loose rig situation caused by the beam flattening near the center of the arch, directly beneath the mast step.

  Michael # 133

Jeffrey <fongemie at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello everyone,

I'm interested in learning if any modifications have been done to the
mast beam on my boat hull #116.

I have a couple pictures that can be seen here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie/MastBeam/photo#5182769497603535362
http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie/MastBeam/photo#5182769574912946706

Does this look original???

Some of you may recognize Osprey, I bought her from Bill Burke who has
frequented this list in the past.

Thanks,

Jeff

--