[Public-List] Source for Finesse-It in Canada?

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 06:57:06 PDT 2008

No worries;
Perfect It III is not as harsh as the stuff for fiberglass, is easier to use, and looks great.
Over 90 percent of the vessels we detail are gelcoat (we do more than 50 boats a season).
If you have a very oxidized vessel go for the heavy cutter, otherwise you are better off using a milder compound.
Repeated use of a heavier cutter will reduce the mil thickness of your gelcoat much more rapidly over time and is much harder on painted names, stripes, decals, etc.
Perfect It III is a one step product that most of the marine detail shops use here. You can get it through Napa (not to be confused with perfect 3000).
They use it with a high speed buffer with a foam back pad and a seven inch wool buffing pad (available from napa)
It will cut a moderately oxidized vessel with no trouble and leaves the finish with a corvette shine. ;-P

Cheers, Don #473

Message: 2