[Public-List] Universal M3-20

Chris Martin notcmartin at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 18:02:30 PDT 2008

I found this via google...

How do I know which Kubota engine I have?
 Universal diesels are Kubota tractor engines. You just need to know the Kubota model number that is stamped on the dipstick. The following are Universal Marine/ Kubota tractor diesel designations:
 M15/5411 Z-500
 M18 Z-600
 M25 D-850
 M25XP D-950 the engine number off my dipstick is 5377-36412
 M3-20 D640
 M30 D-1101
 Kubota parts online: http://www.tractorsmart.com the 25XP is a "B" series tractor engine.
 Gary Coppola, C-30 #5527, Wilson Harbor, NY

Coolray <cooler2k at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello A30s,

I've got a universal M3-20 deisel out of the boat and
am working on a rebuild. Does anyone else out there
have this engine? Does anyone know where I can get a
starter. The one in this engine is beyond rehab.
Torrenson has them at a special price of $610, but I
don't feel that special yet. Thanks for any
assistance.

John B. Cooler,
Atalaya, #87