[Public-List] Raritan Holding Tanks.

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 06:55:33 PDT 2008

Hi Larry,

  I'm pretty sure I installed a Kracor 5057 in Caprice (388) using the attached configuration under the port side forward berth.  It fit perfectly.  I made a cardboard replica and it fit with plenty of room to make a cradle and to make the waste hose bends.  I think the 6 inch side was the bottom.  I had them install two 1.5 inch ports (holes to screw fittings into) at the top and bottom on the side that would be adjacent to the head and on the top, they installed a 3 inch access panel and two vent ports.
   http://www.kracor.com/pages/marinecatalog.html

  The attached configuration is looking from above.  The thick line is sanitation waste hose.  the straight lines are bulkheads.   From the toilet, the hose goes thru the bulkhead to the top, side part of the tank.  The out hose from the bottom, side part of the tank runs behind the cabinet in the head area where there's a Y valve.  One part goes up to a deck fitting for pumpouts.  The other part, goes thru the cabinet bulkhead back into the head area to a hand pump installed on that bulkhead.  The hose then makes a 90 degree turn and is right under the bowl to the other bulkhead and up the bulkhead to a vented loop, then back down to a seacock and thru-hull located behind and forward a bit of the toilet.

  Good luck...

  Bobby
  Caprice 388