[Public-List] Deck-cabin bond (Mould Removal)

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon May 26 09:34:28 PDT 2008

HI Rachel,

I don't think I took any pictures when I was working on it, but the focsle appears to be built the same way and I havent open it up yet- mold growing all along the at the radius where it is cracked- so if I get into that this fall could take a few shots as I open it up.

It did expect the deck and cabin sides to be glasses together as inside the cabin was the most accessible to the builder when laying up the glass- all very odd..

I couldn't tell if the ceiling had been sanded down before- but it was definitely not the smoothness that a couple of  finish coats of matting would have produced.  the roving was definitely visible, after the paint was gone...

Perhaps it will remain another  little nautical mystery!

Glenn
From: Rachel <penokee at cheqnet.net>