[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1243, Issue 2

Wcwinslow at aol.com Wcwinslow at aol.com
Thu May 8 11:08:16 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/8/2008 2:55:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org writes:

knickman at gmail.com> To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org> Subject:
[Public-List] advice on a possible buy> > Is there anyone in the general  Annapolis area
who would be able or> interested in looking at a 1969 Alberg  30 that I am
interested in buying. I> thought someone with a working  knowledge of the boat
could point out any> specific issues to be aware of.  I realize a marine
surveyor would be the> ultimate authority, but I still  think an alberg 30 owner
would be most> helpful. The boat is on stands in  Deale, Md, just south of
Annapolis.> Thanks for any help or  suggestions.>

I agree that an Alberg owner knows where the skeletons are. Just read this
site for inspiration. But I also think a survey is needed. I just had a boat
surveyed in Annapolis by Jack Hornor of Marine Survey & Design Co,
410.451.8133. Jack is very, very thorough in his surveys. He regularly reviews  old boats
for Boat/US and is a boat owner himself. I have no commercial or
professional relationship or obligation to him, but I think we learn from the
experiences of others. And, as you know, no reputable yacht broker is going to  send you
to a specific surveyor.If he does, look for a tie-in.

William C. Winslow

favorites at AOL Food.