[Public-List] A4 woes

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 7 04:38:48 PDT 2008

Gordon Laco wrote:
> Thanks for reminding me of the conversion sheet on your fantastic website.
> I have printed it and will get the ignition parts this morning.  I had the
> numbers for the points (was smart enough to keep the box from the last set I
> bought).
>
> Now I have to learn how to put them in.  I am afraid the process is a sweet
> mystery to me.

It's just a matter of some small screws that like to dive for the bilge.
  Then you align the points on a high-spot of the cam and adjust the gap
by loosening the mounting screw to friction tight, and wiggling the
points back and forth while measuring the gap.  (There's a slot in the
mounting plate and the points to help do this with a screwdriver.)  When
it's right, tighten down the mounting screw and remeasure the gap to
discover that it slipped while tightening, and you've got to do it
again. ;-)

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.