[Public-List] Removing the Mast Step on older boats

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 04:36:26 PDT 2008

One of the things on my list is to remove the mast step plate and rebed
everything. I've read that the bolts often leak, letting water into the core
underneath.

On the older boats, it's my understanding that the bolts are not simply lag
bolts, but have a nut on the inside?  If so, I'll need to dig out the large
bungs I can see on the underside of the bast beam to get at the nuts?

Is this correct?  What am I in for? Any tips from those who've done this???

Thanks for any info,

jeff

--

Jeffrey Fongemie