[Public-List] Spreader Angle

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Nov 5 08:27:15 PST 2008

Hello Derrick -

SURPRISE's were also angled forward - that is with the tips further forward
than the bases.  I found this was due to them being installed backwards.  I
flipped them over and took care to tune the rig with the forward lowers
quite taut, and the after lowers 'just taut'.   I wanted to inhibit
performance-killing aft bend in the middle of the mast.

Hope that helps - Gord (who really should get back to the winch quote...)