[Public-List] Purchase/Survey Advice

Chris Martin notcmartin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 18:59:20 PDT 2008

Hello All

I've been lurking in the background for a while soaking up what I can about these fine boats. A few of you were kind enough to let me help (mostly watch, really) at the work day in June and ever since then I've been casually looking for an A30.

A boat turned up in the Annapolis area I plan to look at tomorrow. I think I'm pretty well versed in the boats, thanks to the website and this list, but would appreciate an opinion from an owner/expert before I get too serious. I also have a copy of a survey from 3 years ago, for what it's worth.

I'm really looking for some honest advice, you know how boats have a way of clouding sound judgment. Tell me I cant afford it, or it's better to move on, please! :)

Also, if I go to the next step, I will be looking for a survey. Ideally I'd like to find some one that knows A30's and isnt looking for vacation money.

Thanks for any advice

Chris