[Public-List] Boat trip 10/28

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 08:04:26 PDT 2008

Well we haven't made the miles we expected.  The Schooner Rendezvous was good, even if it did rain much of Saturday.  We tried to depart for Solomons yesterday, but it would have taken five hours just to clear the Choptank.  Wind ~25 on the bow and 4-5 foot seas.  We returned to Cambridge and plan to try again tomorrow.  It has been a bit cold with rain last night and today.  Cambridge isn't a bad place to get weathered in.  The downtown is coming back and the Richardson Museum is good to visit.  Several others, including the Pride of Baltimore and Virginia are holding their departure till tomorrow.

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall