[Public-List] Kracor holding tank

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Oct 3 11:10:12 PDT 2008

Bruno & Elyse,

I believe that the Kracor and Raritan tanks are the same dimensions, so
the drawing of the Raritan tank (on the website) might help.  The
difference between the Kracor and Raritan tanks seems to be that the
Kracor fittings are flush with the tank, while the Raritan fitting
protrude.  This makes just enough difference in the space needed.

As I recall (Mike Lehman would know for sure) the problem with the
Kracor tank in the older boats is that the elbows for the vent fittings
sat too high for the plywood of the V-berth.  Cutting a couple holes and
adding a new piece of plywood overtop was enough clearance.  You might
do better to put the vent fittings on the end of the tank instead of the
top.

Whatever you do, make a cardboard mockup to see how it will fit on
/your/ boat.  And be sure to check for clearance of the fittings,
including the hose and hose clamp.

  - George

P.S.  Also, please write up your experiences.  I'd love to post the
information on the website.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash