[Public-List] Powering

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Fri Oct 10 08:40:35 PDT 2008

Tom

I replaced my A4 with another A4 that had maybe had 400 hours on it. That was a lot cheaper, even counting professional labor, than a diesel was. The biggest problem I had was getting the old engine out - it was "stuck" on to the engine mounts and could not be removed. The engine bolts were frozen tight and the muffler system needed significant repair. In the best of worlds where I had a Leprechaun as a best friend I would have put a diesel in but this was a real world solution. And gas really is a safe fuel, treated correctly.

David,432

>>> <mahseer at kos.net> 10/09/08 7:38 PM >>>
If you repower will you get your money, back look at getting the Grey
Marine rebuilt it's a lot cheaper.  Although I have an Atomic 4 thats been
rebuith twice it's still the cheapest return on your money.

John Boor
 MAHSEER #380
A Canadian boat in the chesapeak
 heading south