[Public-List] About those woodstoves

Michael dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Sat Oct 25 06:35:56 PDT 2008

Pepco. They use 79 railroad cars of coal per year.

Sure that's not per day?

I haven't been over there in a while, but as of a couple years ago one
could walk up to the coal pile in Canton (behind the hospital
ship-Baltimore). Head for Broening hwy. and take a left at the light
where the Crown Cork and Seal plant is.

The Brandon Shore power plant (Riveira beach-across from Sparrows Point)
uses coal from Norfolk-3000+ton barge worth about once a day. My
understanding is the Balt. coal is of a higher quality and used for
metallurgical purposes; Norfolk (Newport News, actually) coal is more
for boilers. I'm guessing Balt. coal is more anthracite in nature.

MichaelGrosh