[Public-List] re-power

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:09:29 PDT 2008

I re-powered with a Beta Marine BD722 which is a 20 horse marinized Kubota diesel.  It is the same engine used by Olde Port Launch in Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Newport RI.  It fit very well with adjustable mounts and there was no need for changing the aperture of the cut out in the keel.  Your existing prop will just have to be machined to match the pitch of the new diesel.  Without an objectable current I can cruise at a steady 6.5K.  I believe the engine was around $4500.00 and installation with a new tank and water separating filter and upgraded panel was around $4000.00.  I had already replaced my exhaust with a water lift.
Best of luck,
Matthew #314 renard