[Public-List] Battery Location

FITZONELOVE at aol.com FITZONELOVE at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 16:03:58 PDT 2008

Hey Jeff,
Mine is pre liner, 1968.  Never had a problem with water in the  cockpit sole
from the bilge (more from spilled beer ;) leaking through the  covers ).
I have 2 deep cycle and one dual purpose battery; never had any energy
problems whatsoever with this combo.  I have two battery selector switches,  so I
can utilize the deep cycles as the house batteries, isolating the combo for
starting.  I don't think you have to go the 6v golf battery route at  all.
Weight distribution is perfect.  In fact, I have a Norcold ice  box conversion
fridge, and can run it several hours without the need to  re-charge from the
engine (Yanmar 27 HP.)
Joe