[Public-List] Solar Panel

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Sat Sep 13 17:18:23 PDT 2008

Pete
If your numbers are correct you will use 8amp/hrs per nigh.  A 15watt
panel derated 50% gives 9.6amp/hrs per day so would recharge on a sunny
day.  Make sure the panel is in full sun with no shadows that will reduce
the output.  A 15watt panel could be wired directly to a reasonably large
(100 amp/hr deep cycle battery) all the time.  For a panel of this size a
flexable panel would be a good choice.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380