[Public-List] Imron vs. Awlgrip

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Sep 16 17:23:41 PDT 2008

Hi, John,

Imron is slightly softer than Awlgrip, allowing it to be buffed or
repaired more easily.  I'd not heard of Awlgrip 2000 before, so perhaps
it's Awlgrip modified to be more like Imron.

Costs and looks are pretty similar, I think.  We've got an Imron job
that's 30-35 years old.  Where it's not nicked by anchors or piers, it
looks pretty good.  A few years back, at Towney's suggestion, I buffed
it with 3M Finesse-It and was amazed at the shine.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash