[Public-List] Mast Sheave

elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 14 19:17:58 PDT 2009

Hi Ed,

What a coincidence - I am just having a machine shop make me one (besides getting a new tiller attachement and heli-coil fittings for my boom end caps).

I was quoted $115 Canadian (estimated $94 US @1.22 exchange) and should get it within the next 2 weeks. I have ordered it again in phenolic plastic with a 3/8" groove to receive a rope halyard and I believe the centre hole was 0.75". I thought, the old phenolic one lasted 40 years - phenolic should be good enough for the next 40 years. If you want one - let me know so I can ask them to make a second one.

With best regards

Bruno & Elyse

Lady Heron

PS: Thank you Mike for the advise on glueing the sister alu beam support. I will do as you recommended.